Learn about the the investment principles of leasing land to improve farm profitability.
Participants will gain an understanding of the drivers of success in farm leasing. There is a focus on the investment principles that can be applied to land leasing as well as the non-financial success factors such as communication and tenure.
About the course
- Learn how to reduce expansion risk
- Discern between threats and opportunities
- Develop business skills
- Understand investment principles
What will you learn?
- The features of a good lease proposal
- How to pitch a winning proposal
- How much to pay for a lease
- The desirable attributes of a good tenant
- The process for engaging a good tenant
- Why tenure matters
- Setting clear and realistic objectives
- Farm performance - assessing potential
- Understanding investment principles
- Market and economic value
- Variability in outcomes – quantifying risk
- Lease vs purchase, lease vs share farming
Young Farmer Business Program Subsidy - spaces are limited
There are Young Farmer Business Program subsidies available for 75% of the registration costs of the workshop. Participants pay 25%. Successful applicants will be granted subsidies on a first-in first-served basis. If you wish to apply for the subsidy go to https://youngfarmer.farmtable.com.au/grants/individual-subsidies/
1st participant = $750 + GST
2nd participant from same business = $450 + GST